Thursday, May 2, 2013

Keep the Faith!

As I sit at Duke hospital with my wife this morning I can't help but realize how much stuff is in our plate. In everyones life there comes a time when everything hits you at once and nothing you do can make it better. Keep the Faith.

There is going to be a time when every day you come to work your getting hounded about promoting.
Keep the Faith.

Your going to come home to an unhappy spouse.
Keep the faith.

Your going to go on a rampage of calls where nothing goes right and you get labeled the captain of the black pearl!
KEEP THE FAITH!

I say this because at times you put along in life with not a care in the world. Nothing you do can be wrong and the winds blow in your favor. Then the winds shift. That's when you have to keep your chin up and grind on. Always have that goal in life that you strive for. You know what you want to be in life, set your goals and NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, DON'T GIVE UP! Don't ever let someone tell you cant accomplish what you have set out to do. Those that tell you that your goals have no meaning or value have plateaued or are against a wall they have not yet navigated.

I bring this up because my wife and I are dealing with our very own Wall of Jericho. It is in keeping the Faith not just in ourselves and our relationship with each other but with our relationship with God that we overcome each obstacle placed in front of us. When you put in for promotion and you miss it by 2 points, its not because you weren't smart enough or strong enough. It was not yet your time. Keep plugging away at your goal and accomplish it. You don't always get to go by YOUR time line. A lot of times it is Gods timeline that you have to play by.

If it were my time line I could play by I wouldn't have to "play daddy" or always be "Uncle." I would have my own set of kids with my wife. We would have more money in the bank and less bills to spend it on. That right now isn't the case. We have a condition that prevents us from having those kids, at the present time. Its just a wall. Through prayer, patience, and understanding that wall will come crashing down. It will just take some time! We don't have a ton of money in the bank and what we do have goes to either a student loan or medical bill. This is not forever, just a timeline.
Jax and Uncle Monkey headed to the Red Sox Orioles game

I'm a list guy. We make lists for daily things as well as things we would like to see done in the next few years. Make you a list of what you want to DO today and what you want to BE tomorrow. Always keep your eye on the prize and swing for the fences. Your not always gonna hit a home run but when you do, ITS GOING YARD!!!

KEEP THE FAITH. IT GETS BETTER.

Philippians 4:13
I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment