Friday, February 14, 2014

The return of something great!

I have been noticeably absent from my postings as of late. I have had SO many HUGE changes in my life since I've last written you. Some know my stories, many of you soon will. I have spent long nights in a chair at Duke University Hospitals ICU, I have moved my family from a red to blue state, and I now wear a patch on my shoulder that I have worked harder for than anything I have ever put on.

I write this short little announcement to the world in hopes that it brings those disgruntled naggers at your house around to see and remember what this is all about. I AM GOING TO BE A DADDY!

This GREAT little thing that will soon consume my life has reminded me that everything I do still has a purpose. I go to work for 1 REASON TO 3 PEOPLE.

SERVE God, Family, Friends.

In learning that I will be a dad I feel a greater push towards an understanding of the big picture. Gone were the grand skeems in my mind of working together as a team, changing the fire service, making a difference. I focused on what I wanted to do for MY career. What I could do to make MY life easier. Now I have a wonderful feeling. A sense that I can work outrageously hard to make my sons life better both now and in the future. Now my drive is back to be the best but with better motivation.

Stay tuned, more to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment